Hearing Aid Loan Bank
The Maryland State Department of Education’s Division of Special Education/Early Intervention Services formed the Maryland Hearing Aid Loan Bank (HALB) in order to provide loaner hearing aids to Maryland children. Families with newly diagnosed deaf and hard of hearing children under the age of 21 will need to work with their audiologist to access this service. Hearing aids are loaned free of charge to families while they arrange for a permanent hearing device.
- Legal residents of Maryland – 21yo OR younger – including homeschoolers
- Families whose insurance does not cover the cost of hearing aids
- Families who are experiencing delays in acquiring or replacing hearing aids
- Families who need amplification for their child during cochlear implant candidacy evaluation
- There is no income qualification
Last modified on September 18, 2019